메뉴 건너뛰기

열린 출사모임

Online Class - Interchangeable-lens Digital Cameras

호담 2021.01.24 17:10 조회 수 : 14028

The Korean version of the online class we've used since last April is finally available in English.

The same content, the same rule, and it's open to everyone who can read and write English, but for Canon cameras only for now. Here's an introduction.

Online Class - Interchangeable-lens Digital Cameras

First of all, I want to say that I’m glad you have made it this far to even come and learn more about what this class is all about. Maybe you’re interested in photography. Maybe you’re simply a lover of art. Either way, I want to say welcome!

Before anything else, I want to clarify that in this class, you will be learning cameras, not photography. Here’s the difference: photography is the artistic expression, while the camera is the tool you use to create that art. Just as a painter must be familiar with brushes, you must be familiar with a camera in order to take good pictures with confidence. The goal of this class is to help you understand your camera. After finishing this course, you will know all the foundational principles of interchangeable-lens digital cameras that you need.

While it’s possible to take good pictures with your phone (iPhone, Samsung, etc), digital cameras with interchangeable-lens can express and capture moments in ways that a phone camera just can’t. For example, the close-up shot on the left was taken using a macro lens. In this photo, the background was blurred by adjusting the aperture, while the focusing area was set on the petal. In the photo on the right, I was able to capture the subtle feeling of waves lit by the sunset by adjusting to the correct exposure.

8E41AB34-EC3E-4724-BA8F-D1A27A058F9B_1_105_c.jpeg 023E2E35-99A7-4F39-BC5F-A9DA5FA26C75_1_105_c.jpeg

This class consists of 5 lessons and a graduation project. Each lesson includes (1) explanation, (2) quiz, and (3) homework. Upon application, a virtual room will be created on the online class bulletin board and a link to the lectures will be provided one at a time. After reading each lecture, you first solve the quiz and post the answers. At this time, you may also post any other questions you have. Then, post your homework. After you do this, I will review it and typically get back to you within a day or two and if done correctly, I will advance you to the next lesson.

There is no time limit for each lecture, but it is recommended to complete one lecture each week. For most people, 5 lessons will take around 10 weeks, while the graduation project will take another 2 weeks. When you finish all this, you will become a senior member and can start using the membership perks such as monthly meetings and an exclusive bulletin board.

There are a few requirements in order to take this online class:

1. Register to become a member.

2. You must be able to post comments and pictures on the class bulletin board. This is where you will post your homework.

3. You need a Canon D-SLR camera. The camera models we use in the lecture is Canon 60D, but you should be able to easily apply these lectures to other Canon models. You cannot use a phone camera. If you do not own a D-SLR or mirrorless camera yet, you can still apply for the course. You will be put on a waiting list until one of our shared cameras becomes available for you to borrow.

Let me know if you have any questions! I can help you out as needed.

Alright, too much talking. It’s time to get going. Don’t think about it too much and just apply!

I am confident this will be a great experience for you. Simply tell me, “I apply”, in order to apply and we will go from there. You can reach me at 408-TWOZEROSEVEN-6940.